


I LOVE summer. I like working outside. I like baking in the sun. I like moving dirt around. And I think this Summer 2010 may have been the best summer yet. And no, well maybe, taking a sabbatical from parenting might have had something to do with that! My work schedule allowed that I spend a few days in Belfry almost every week and boy, did we do projects: landscaping the east side of the house, building a gazebo, yardwork, building the "Apple-Jackson" trail, clearing trees, dead wood, and on and on.
I also loved seeing cousins and aunts and everyone at the Moore Family Reunion in Clark. Jaden and his friend also loved it.
Some other highlights:
I got to go to see Shelley for a quickie trip in June. She and Denny were very hospitable and fun. Jedi and I had our first IKEA experience. We both loved the salmon we ate there. We bargain shopped at the D.I. as I expressed constant culture shock at the migrant employees everywhere. I serenaded Shelley while we shopped and started jogging again while I was there. Provo is such a clean, pretty city.
Briana came to visit for three weeks so I was "Aunt Mandy." We played by the river, had tea parties, jumped on the tramp, went on a nature walk, hit Chuckee Cheese, had a campfire and sing-along. We watched a lot of Phineas and Ferb, packed on the pounds with Briana's yummy cooking, and of course bickered about germs and expiration dates and parenting! I love you Bri!
My best friend from High School got married in a very fun and funky ceremony in August. I was excited for snow cones and cotton candy but refrained from a snow cone since they were all "liquored up!" Dog baby even came along for the evening.
The last hurrah was an overnight trip to Belfry with Jaden and friends and then day trip to Red Lodge and Cooke City. The boys each spent a dollar at the Candy Emporium and then fed little squirrel critters nutter butter crackers out of their hand on one of the scenic rest areas. The boys waded the creek and I did too after panicking that the water was too deep further down. But they told me they got out when they got a "bad feeling" and a frazzled mom with sopping wet slippers was all the worse we were off. We stopped in at the Beartooth Cafe for a quick appetizer and then was gifted to matching t-shirts from Phyllis. I was so exhausted by the end of the day and wondered what I was thinking, taking on three boys for 1 1/2 days but in the end, it was so fun and worth it.
My best friend from High School got married in a very fun and funky ceremony in August. I was excited for snow cones and cotton candy but refrained from a snow cone since they were all "liquored up!" Dog baby even came along for the evening.
The last hurrah was an overnight trip to Belfry with Jaden and friends and then day trip to Red Lodge and Cooke City. The boys each spent a dollar at the Candy Emporium and then fed little squirrel critters nutter butter crackers out of their hand on one of the scenic rest areas. The boys waded the creek and I did too after panicking that the water was too deep further down. But they told me they got out when they got a "bad feeling" and a frazzled mom with sopping wet slippers was all the worse we were off. We stopped in at the Beartooth Cafe for a quick appetizer and then was gifted to matching t-shirts from Phyllis. I was so exhausted by the end of the day and wondered what I was thinking, taking on three boys for 1 1/2 days but in the end, it was so fun and worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment