No. I haven't moved. But after over a year of working at Shumaker Lodge with girls, that unit closed and I am now back to King Lodge, which is a boys unit. I worked here for two years back in mid 2006-2008 and it's felt like coming home. I like this building. And boys are easier to work with than girls!
I like the massive rock fireplace. It takes up about half of the living room wall.
Every morning I look out the back door and am amazed at how beautiful it is. Everything is so green and blooming right now. I've watched deer walk about fifteen feet away from the sliding glass door. It was glorious. The black specks in the back are cows. My camera phone, in no way, does justice to my new work environment!
When I worked at Shumaker, we walked past the ponds every morning to take the girls to school. There are turtles that live in them and hang out on some big rocks. One day I saw a momma and five baby turtles all basking in the sun on a rock. I'm such a sucker. My heart skipped a few beats!
For more about Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch, check out http://www.ybgr.org
No comments:
Post a Comment