So my fabulous friend Roberta and her fiance stopped by to drop off a Single Awareness Day Valentines Day gift. She brought over a little pink bag with another pink stripped makeup bag with two pairs of earrings, a card, and heart balloon. Very thoughtful. And amazing. Oh, I almost forgot. There was also a little bag of chocolate covered coffee beans. Sooo, amazing. She knows I love those. And she also knows I have no self-discipline with chocolate and only bought 10. Of course, I ate them in one sitting and had a stomachache afterward...
Jaden got home from school and very matter-of-factly asked: "Um mom, where's my balloon and candy?" Traditions that can not be broken. I had permission to skip watching him do Martial Arts and attend to Valentines day obligations. Instead of getting more candy, I found him a 150 pc Lego set that was a steal at Ross. Which meant that I got to have a couple hours of undisturbed sleep...except when he accidentally dropped a tiny lego into the plastic tub which he used to hide everything that was on the floor that he was supposed to clean. Bad news is the completed masterpiece fell off his dresser before I came into work tonight so he's gonna wake up to find a bunch of pieces on the floor and memo from his babysitter of the accident...On the bright side, maybe the repairs will buy me an extra half hour of sleep after he comes home from school tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment