Tuesday, December 11, 2012
The Most Wonderful Time
It's the most wonderful time of the year. There is something magical and exciting about December and Christmas preparations. Jaden and I went home and helped unwrap dozens of nativities at Gramum and Poppy's. We had our own little Christmas party. Bubbly and sardines included. We left the Christmas tree for Camille to do the next day since she's so good at it and just the thought of winding lights and fluffing overwhelms me. A few days before that Jaden and I got our nativity sets out and our Christmas tree. Jaden set out the Nativities. This year I let him determine where each participant in the first Nativity set. Today our two little neighbor kids came over and the four year old Alana, re-rearranged them. I love that children like to set everyone and animal down where they think they should have been watching the newborn babe. No longer do I try to move each peice to where I think it would be aeshetically pleasing!
Jaden and I did some of our Christmas shopping. Both he and I were so proud that he was able to buy a small but thoughtful gifts for his dad, Charity, new sister, grandmum and mom (very sneakily) with his own money. He even went through the checkout line at Ross by himself! We have a new system at our house that has been working quite nicely to motivate him to do chores and take care of other responsibilities and hygiene without a power struggle between us! I like shopping for people I love and trying to imagine what they would be excited to receive. I've been blessed to work some overtime and have some extra resources to do that. Anyways, I love hearing beautiful Christmas carols and songs about Christ on two of our Christian stations here. I love seeing beautiful, sparkly icicle lights. I like being reminded of Jesus' birth everytime I see one of my Nativities. Joy to the world, the Lord has come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment