I love this quote. So much, in fact that I made posters/cards and hung up about three at work for the youth to see. This is one. The teenage girls didn't seem to appreciate it like I do. I was first introducted to this quote in Young Womens...numerous times, since after seven years, I heard the same lessons over and over again. Then in grad school, when we learned about Existentialism, Viktor Frankl, and logotherapy. Then in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) skills groups, which I attempt to teach at work...coping skills. Something the youth all know but have difficulty applying. Anyways, I love this quote. I can choose my attitude. It is my choice how I will respond to life, which includes choices and situations beyond my control. Yes, I admit I am a whiner. And yes, I have chosen the wrong way from time to time. But yes, I have the human freedom...
Saturday, September 11, 2010
ATTITUDE
I love this quote. So much, in fact that I made posters/cards and hung up about three at work for the youth to see. This is one. The teenage girls didn't seem to appreciate it like I do. I was first introducted to this quote in Young Womens...numerous times, since after seven years, I heard the same lessons over and over again. Then in grad school, when we learned about Existentialism, Viktor Frankl, and logotherapy. Then in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) skills groups, which I attempt to teach at work...coping skills. Something the youth all know but have difficulty applying. Anyways, I love this quote. I can choose my attitude. It is my choice how I will respond to life, which includes choices and situations beyond my control. Yes, I admit I am a whiner. And yes, I have chosen the wrong way from time to time. But yes, I have the human freedom...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment