Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Nie Nie Dialogues



http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

I spent all most free time reading this blog...which for the record was probably about five hours. I was mesmerized and amazed at this woman's incredible spirit. I hope I am never the same again, because of it. I hope that I do not take for granted that I have an earthly body that works relatively well and allows me to meet the demands of my days. I hope that I appreciate motherhood a little more. And I hope that I stop being so vain and hating on my chubby cheeks, chubby tummy, and everywhere else that's chubby right now...i have a body and I am alive and I want be more grateful. I love this quote I read from her blog: "There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity." Washington Irving. I want to be that woman with heavenly fire. I cried several times throughout the night. And I don't cry. Let me share her sacred feelings so tenderly expressed: "And the Lord was talking to me. He was whispering to me his love for me. He was proud of me and I felt my blessings restored to me. He is so real. He is there. He sees so much more than we do. He is the light and truth and anything that is good that I have, is of Him.

And then, I felt beautiful."

This is a comment from another reader:

I don't even know where to start! What a wondrous being Stephanie is. Magical even. I came to the conclusion that Stephanie had a heart like that of a prism. The colours that played out were of the rays from her faith, her love, her imagination. Those colours became like strings that danced around you through her words, pulled you in, wrapping you up to play the semblance of her birthday balloons send-offs. One was dancing on air, close to the heavens. And one danced right with her, understanding to the full extent the beauty of life. What an amazing story this magnificent woman has shared and will continue to share because her voice is strong, full of charm, all-knowing. Stephanie, you came to share the celebration of your life with the world. I am honoured to celebrate you. I have celebrated your humanity, your soul with friends and family because what an inspiration you are as a mother, as a wife, as a sister, as a daughter. Thank you for allowing us to come into your world and feel safe, feel warm, feel happy....In faith, Djuna Rykiel
Miami, Fl

No comments:

Post a Comment