Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

This and That

I was thinking about how I am learning to love to blog but am terrible at taking pictures and consistently blogging. Here's a mish-mash of photos from my phone of The ADVENTURES OF JADEN...mostly.
Jaden was Soooo amused that he thought of being "in a tub in a tub." We even video-recorded this so Dad could also be a witness to the cleverness of a six-year old!

Jaden is in gymnastics right now, compliments of Gramum, and LOVES it. He's constantly doing half cartwheel/handspring moves! I had to warn the new downstairs neighbors that I have an ADHD six year old who thinks he's an Olympic gymnast and that I try to keep the noisy craziness down! This is at the gym.

I got a pair of fake Heely's off ebay and Jaden gave them a whirl. Evidently, it takes a lot of practice to get good at riding them.

For a while this spring, Jaden was a regular at the dentist's office. He had eight cavities. I know. I must be a terrible mother or he must be a terrible brusher...or both. They gave him sunglasses to shield him from the bright lamp shining down so the dentist could see. Jaden is convinced the tooth fairy brings extra money for silver caps. Not true, I told him, it's less. He doesn't believe me and is proud to have a cap and the money it will be worth!

The yearly field trip to the Fire Station is all very exciting to a First Grader. Jedi and I even got to go this year. So Jaden got to use a fire hose to spray down a cone, watch a presentation, and tour the inside of a fire engine. All good, except that we had to leave early before the park time because Jaden had a rash/reaction. I was relieved to escape the begging for chasing that comes when there is a playground occupied by Jaden and friends. Seriously, why did I start this association and why do I reinforce it. It's exhausting. So phew, it was a close call but I was saved by a rash! And no, I do not dress Jaden like this. Purple Shirt=Mrs. Lunder's class.

Hanging out with the Holmquists

When I grow up, I want to be a clown. I even tried to get Briana to make me a costume. I browsed Ebay for a pink costume like hers and thought about the tricks I'd need to learn. First one: a balloon poodle. Second: juggling. Third, face painting. Yes. From the moment I saw this clown, I knew it was my destiny.


That's all Folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment