Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

He's baaaaaack

After a very extra long spring break, Jaden is back.  The weekend before Easter, he hitched a ride to Idaho with our wonderful Becker friends.  He so wanted to stay the night with them and even got to go with Jody to her appointment the next day.  "Mom, what is physical therapy?"  Then Bryce picked him up and he got to spend 1 1/2 weeks and Easter with him, his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
He was excited to tell me that he'd been practicing playing catch and his record was 21 catches but he was going to beat it.  After a week, he begged to stay a day longer. Due  to transportation issues, it turned out to be 5 extra days.  He flew home as an unaccompanied minor and looked very grown-up helping the Delta employee lug out some extra luggage.  He was excited to show me a new backpack, Easter candy (which I've pretty much polished off), and a few extra dollar bills.
My Easter was less eventful.  If you could even call it an Easter.  I worked the night before and night of Easter.  I made myself go to 9:00 a.m. church after getting off work at 8:30 a.m.  The long-winded elderly took most of the time in testimony meeting.  I got a massive sleep-deprivation headache during the Sunday school lesson and opted out of R.S.  No family dinner since my mom was working.  The only semblance of Easter festivities was on Friday when my little neighbor friend Jaylee came over and dyed Easter eggs.  Well mostly she dyed the countertop, and her hands, and my t-shirt, and kitchen towel but a few eggs did get a bit of coloring too.  There was the tiniest egg-about 1/3 of the size of a normal egg that came from the Belfry hens that we were both infatuated with.  It was sooo cute.  I wish I had taken a picture...and a bunch of other pics.  I did take a picture of her playing dress up.  She makes me laugh!
 
Oh the one other thing that resembled Easter was printing off coloring pages for the girls at work. I promised chocolate for each egg. One girl took me up on the offer and colored four. So I hit a bunch of Walmart-after-Easter-chocolate...which I also helped polish off...I notice a theme here!




No comments:

Post a Comment