Briana and her kiddios came the day after we got back from South Dakota. I just love "my baby" Corrine-y. She called me Aunt Mandy at the beginning of the visit but reverted to "Gramum" by the end. She wanted to be involved in the tea parties, makeovers, outside play, and whatever everyone else was doing.
Here's some tea time:
Some of the highlights of the two weeks was picking wild strawberrys with Rin in Cooke City and her eating them all as we went. We waded in the creek.
We roasted marshmallows in the wood stove since there was a fire ban in Montana, as where as everywhere else we camped! We had yummy appetizers at the Beartooth Cafe. I think all together we had 11 in our party so we were scrunched around two tables. My cousin Vicki was our fabulous server! I've always loved that place. When I worked in Cooke City as a teen, I sometimes ordered an artichoke to go and ate outside in the sunshine between the restaurant and store.
Love these girls and this place!
Jaden and the kids played on this rope swing. And then Jaden climbed up the tree.
Most of us went on an hour horse ride. My horse was kind of lazy. We just stayed one night and headed home the next afternoon. Paula and kids left the next day. On Sunday I got to be Corrine's nursery teacher. We had a lesson, sang Wheels on the Bus, Popcorn Popping, Twinkle Twinkle and Old McDonald Had a Farm. She said pig every time for the animal! So cute. I also let her unsatieably consume and become addicted to Tic Tacs!
Aubri begged for a makeover. I wore this dress when I was a flower girl at age five and again when I was baptized. I think I probably wore it to church and Christmas concerts too. And my sisters all probably wore it so it was cool to see Aubri wearing it. My mom and aunt made it.We jumped on the trampoline, which is very exhausting on a hot day. I'd last about five minutes and need a water break. Really good exercise.
We went to Powell and played. I pulled out Aubri's front tooth. I had pulled out one of Jaden's a couple days before. Then she lost the tooth on the way home. Then we found it after pulling out the seat...and a IPOD that must have belonged to the previous car's owner!
I love my family. I really tried to appreciate every moment of the last few days. After three days with kids and being in a car, I don't lie, I was burned out. But a few days of work and being away from Kid-tastrophes gave me a chance to appreciate them again. On the last day of Bri's visit we played at a Burger King playland, Chuck E. Cheese, got ice cream, and I read them some of my favorite children's books. It was magical.
No comments:
Post a Comment