Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Family Ties

I ate lunch today with my parents and all my siblings. It was a moment in time I wish I could bottle up to save to experience again on "lots of laters." I cuddled my neice Corinne, laughed, and hoped this was how eternity feels. Then I thought about how I feel like the weak link in this celestial chain. I can't forget the in-laws at the table that are now a forever part of this chain. I had this same feeling in the sealing room in the Salt Lake temple when I looked at the multiplied reflection of all the family in the room. I thought how I hope that heaven feels like this...one big family reunion. With all these loved ones, whose lives will forever be intertwined with mine. I hope, through the Grace of God, that I will experience this. Having a death in the family, reminds me, how blessed I have been to be influenced by so many devout, stalwart, loving relatives and how much I desire that those family ties to remain forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment