Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nesting

Nesting. I love the word and meaning. To me, nesting describes the innate desire women have to make a home. During the last month or two of pregnancy with Jaden, I wanted to clean under beds, in corners, shampoo rugs, and get everything organized. I like nests because they're an example of a mother building a basic little home for her babies. The raised sides offer some protection from the elements. The nests in Belfry on the farm are usually made with orange baling twine! I was looking for one or two to "steal" (which are leftovers from last season so fair game, in my opinion) and saw some of the twine from the nest actually wrapped several times around a small branch of a lilac tree. A little extra support to provide stability.


I saw my cousin Ramie's darling posting about seasonal decorating a while ago and have copied her idea of using a nest, bird, and eggs. I thought it was sweet that she posted that one of her littles was putting the eggs back in the nest where she thought they belonged. As spring has arrived and Mother's day is just around the corner, I'd like to recognize the wonderful women who are nurturing and "fantabulous!"

No comments:

Post a Comment