Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mini Vacay

We've been doing a lot of playing during the past week. Last Friday, I picked up Jaden after he spent the summer with dad. I had not seeing him for two months. Wow. That was the longest stretch yet. After meeting, we went on a little mini vacay, taking the scenic route home. And I did not take a single picture. So...here's a quick narrative complete with photos from the internet. We stayed at a campground by Quake Lake Friday night. It was beautiful with lodge pole pines and we woke up to crispy fresh 40* air.


On Saturday we walked through Virginia and Nevada City. We walked through museums, bought candy at Cousins Candy store, mined for garnets and gold, and checked out the Pioneer town. Jaden and his friend T.J. loved watching a blacksmith working on molding the barrel of a gun out of molten hot piece of metal.
Fancy Schmancy outhouse at the Pioneer town.






We stayed at the campground by Harrison Reservoir. Although, there were few trees and it didn't feel like the authentic mountain camping experience, the kids got to play in the water and run around.
After leaving our campsite on Sunday morning, we stopped by the Lewis and Clark Caverns on our way home. I love walking through these caves and looking at all the amazing formations.






No comments:

Post a Comment