Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

All work and no play...

Makes Amanda a dull girl...Mostly I've been working lately. A lot. Like 60 hour weeks. I tell myself that I need to work as much as I can while Jaden's with Bryce since I can't work overtime shifts when he's here during the school year. Briana was supposed to come last week so I took Thursday off but the flights weren't good and she didn't make. I admit I also took it off because if I didn't get a break, I would probably would need to admit myself to a treatment center instead of work at one. So now that they're finally coming and I get to see Aubri, Kade, Corinne and Bri next week, my supervisor is leaving me to find my own shift coverage if I want the night off. My original plea, I mean e-mail draft went something like this:


Relief Staff-
Is there anyone who would be willing to work at McVay on Thursday, Aug 4 from 11:30-9:30 so that I can spend the day with my sister, nieces, and nephew from Houston? I would be soooo appreciative. If interested, please call 2784 or me at 697-6363. How could stand working when you could be loving on a baby like this:
I was thinking maybe with a face like that, someone would take pity and work for me. But then I realized maybe it wouldn't be very professional and maybe Briana doesn't want her children's pictures circulated on YBGR e-mail. Regardless, if I don't have any takers by Monday morning, I'm considering sending out the original e-mail and hoping that someone will find a place in their heart to cover for me. FYI, I'm going to have to ask Briana if Kade had Corinne's hand and half of forearm for snack. It looks like she's missing a partial limb. I wonder if she's experiencing phantom pain yet...

1 comment:

  1. Those are some LONG hours you are working!....I hope you are able to sneak away from work while Briana's here. I love the email you drafted and am certain you could round up someone to take your shift if you circulated it. Unless the people you work with are heartless, I would think it would be a sure ticket:)
    -Ramie

    ReplyDelete