So, I had to have him put down. I decided that when it's my time to go, it wouldn't be the worst thing to go in similar fashion (minus getting hit by a car!) I bought Jedi a ham sandwich before I went to see him so he got to eat his favorite food before leaving this world.
He wasn't in a lot of pain with his little Fentanyl patch and morphine drip. He gently stopped breathing while being pet and carressed by his favorite person! I kept having to remind myself that he couldn't feel anything from about the neck down so it was pointless to scratch below there! He was laid in a gorgeous black box and then buried under the apple tree in Belfry. Camille and my dad were kind enough to prepare a burial site. Here are a couple of pictures.
Me shoveling some dirt in true Moore family fashion!
I've really missed my little dog baby but am getting used to life without a constant companion who is crazy about me...and know one else. Jedi was such a cuddly guy but also loved to walk, which was good for me too. He loved our friends Marcia and Pearl and would get so excited, jumping like crazy when I said we were going to go see them. He was always so insanely happy when I came home from work. Here's a little snippet.
No comments:
Post a Comment