Later in February or March of 1999, I was cleaning bathrooms in Hale 5 and kept hearing this song. I, nor most of the world had never heard of Jay Z before. Hard Knock Life
I'd also hear this song. It seemed to me that the cool girls lived upstairs, where I had to clean. They were the ones that went to the beach all the time and whose bathroom floor was covered in sand, which I got to sweep up every day. Aaliyah I loved hearing that baby's coos.
Fast forward to Powell, Wyoming August and September 1999. I'm at Homesteader park below a little hill listening to Funk Soul Brother and Lou Bega Mambo No. 5 with Lori, Sara and Kyle.
I'm cleaning in Cooke City at the Bears Den (now Buns n Beds) in chilly May. I put this song Click here
on repeat so I could memorize it and was addicted. Briana and Cali were so annoyed!!!
When I hear these two songs, I'm back working as a cashier at Scheels in 2001. I love this song.
Family Affair and then there's the classic cheating song about jilted love... and shopping. Blu Cantrell
And then we come full circle back to Jay Z. This could be all-time fav. song. I remember sitting around the kitchen counter so excited to have my family hear this amazing song. I don't think anyone else was as impressed as me... Click here
No comments:
Post a Comment