Jaden walked in the door, or rather pounded on the door until I opened it for him. In his hand was a bird. A live, wild bird. Aaaahhhh. I kept my calm. "Ummm, how did you catch this? And didn't your mother tell you not to touch wild animals, nor bring them in the house?"
Turns out, it didn't try to fly away from where it was sitting on a car outside. So I told him to let it down, thinking it couldn't fly. Except that it started flying all around our apartment. It flew into windows trying to get out. And while Jaden was trying to get a picture, I opened the door and it flew out. Whew. I made him thoroughly wash his hands and gave him the wild animals lecture, apparently that got missed. We think we saw the bird, way up in a tree so I don't know why this birdy didn't fly away before getting picked up by little sweaty hands. Anyway, since we have no pictures, I'd have to say this is what it looked like.

Little boys... you gotta' love 'em. ;)
ReplyDelete