Jaden joined Boy Scouts. He is so proud. He joined about three weeks ago. Of course, they get them started immediately selling popcorn. Very expensive popcorn. I get that it's a fundraiser but still. I avoided it/did my best to put Jaden off for three weeks and finally today I caved and walked with him to sell some popcorn door to door in the neighborhood.
Here's my B.S.er, I mean BoyScouter, after I made him get down and tie his own shoe!
Here's my B.S.er, I mean BoyScouter, after I made him get down and tie his own shoe!
Pen in pocket. Check. Popcorn sales sheet in hand. Check. Best smile. Check. The Boy Scout leaders told them they could go door to door with a parent, smile their best smile, and ask if they wanted to support the Boy Scouts. So Jaden had the line down. "Would you like to buy some popcorn to support the Boy Scouts." After one of his first "no's" he told me, "Some people must be on a diet...no offense!" He must think it's an offense to mention anything diet related around me! Haha. Two weeks ago, he went to his first activity which was a nature walk around Riverfront Park. He was so excited to get the uniform. (Another overpriced donation to the Boy Scout program!)This is his best "cheesy" smile.
I think this smile means, "grrrrrr, we already took a picture."
Jaden spent some time looking for a pocket knife before this nature walk. He mostly found little pocket knives that were picnic-ing that had cork and bottle top openers. Right after I took these pictures he informed me that he had not one but three pocket knives in his pocket. He said "A boyscout can never be too prepared. Well...they're mostly can openers!" If anyone out there wants to support the boyscouts (see dazzling smile), feel free to call us up!
No comments:
Post a Comment