Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Finally

Fall in the Beartooths is breathtaking. The brush turns shades of red and brown. The Aspens turn yellow or orange, giving the pine tree covered slopes and meadows some variety. I am reminded each fall of the amazement I have distinctly felt every other fall that I have driven to Cooke City.
Last Friday, I picked Jaden up from school and we drove out to Belfry and then up Chief Joseph to Cooke Pass. It was a very quick trip for me as I had to work on Saturday at 1:00. It was worth it though. There something about the drive that refuels my spirit.
And finally after too many years of work here and there, the cabin is near finished in some rooms. Sneak Peak of kitchen:
Upstairs bathroom:
And I'll have to get a pic of the downstairs bathroom as well as some bedrooms. I want to go up and help but I work on the weekends when my parents have been up there. Jaden is a regular. Except that it isn't so exciting for him. Speaking of Jaden and Cooke City, check out the little brookie trout he's holding. He got bites almost every time he dropped his line off the bridge in the little creek by the cabin. Now if only he would eat the darn things!
I'm hoping to get up there one more time and take some scenic pictures with a decent camera. My 1.3 MP camera phone just wouldn't do justice.

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Kris, thanks for posting it looks great. Post more of the cabin!!!

    ReplyDelete